I have been really busy these past few weeks with editing www.TheHagueOnline.com, working at the Expatriate Archive Centre and planning for International Archive Day Open Day, becoming a board member of the International Women’s Contact The Hague, starting Dutch lessons again, doing 8 hour training walks for the Nijmegan Four Day March and other stuff.
One day I had meetings for two different international women’s groups. I had a coffee date, lunch date and dinner date all in the same day. A few nights I had only three hours sleep. So I was going to write a blog about being busy but that’s pretty boring really.
Everybody likes to tell you that they are busy. The truth is sometimes I’m not busy and I have to spend my time seeking out stimulation and activities and sometimes all the activities and opportunities I’ve wanted to get involved in start happening at exactly the same time. Why does that happen?
One day I had meetings for two different international women’s groups. I had a coffee date, lunch date and dinner date all in the same day. A few nights I had only three hours sleep. So I was going to write a blog about being busy but that’s pretty boring really.
Everybody likes to tell you that they are busy. The truth is sometimes I’m not busy and I have to spend my time seeking out stimulation and activities and sometimes all the activities and opportunities I’ve wanted to get involved in start happening at exactly the same time. Why does that happen?
The difficulty is that everything (pretty much) that I’m doing, I’m enjoying so I don’t want to knock any opportunity back. So I am going to keep plodding along, and now that I’m a little more organised I’m not expecting any more nights of only 3 hours sleep.
Oh, and it turned out that this was a blog about being busy. So boring.
No comments:
Post a Comment